Saturday 24 September 2011

A Cute and Thought-provoking little story.

This little story was given to me ages ago by a friend.  It is a German story translated by Reflexologist Hanne Maquardt.  I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it with you.

Do You Believe in Life After Birth

There were twins in the belly of their mother
One twin asked the other
"Do you believe in life after birth?"
"Yes - here inside we grow and get prepared for what happens later."
"What a nonsense!" replied the twin.
"I am not quite sure, but I know it will be far brighter than inside here."
"What a nonsense.  I can't imagine it!"
"Yes, and we shall eat with our mouth and we will even walk around."
"Eat with our mouth?  Why do you think we have an umbilical cord?  And as for
walking, it's too short to walk far.  What a stupid idea!  I have never heard of anybody
who came back from 'after birth'."
"I am sure it functions somehow.  And I know we might even see our mother."
"Mother??  Never heard of such a thing as a mother.  Where is she?"
"Well, she is all around us.  Through her we are nourished."
"I don't believe you!"
"Well, if you are very quiet, you might hear her sing or feel how she caresses our little world."


No comments:

Post a Comment